TAG Toys SM22 Motor Shapes
TAG Toys SM22 Motor ShapesThis TAG Toys SM22 Motor Shapes set is a series of motor shapes that provides visual, tactile and kinesthetic experiences required to learn how to print and draw. The TAG Toys SM22 Motor Shapes features include:
- Ten different shapes
- Dimensions: 4 3/4 x 6 x 1 inches
- Recommended Age: 36 months to 6 years
- The button moves smoothly along the path of the shape allowing the child to perform the movement and visually track the path of the movement.
- This original TAG design has been used in regular classrooms for over 20 years and has proven to be especially helpful to very young children and special needs children with motor deficits.
- By placing the index finger of the writing hand on the eye of the grommet, the child can easily follow along the path of the shape.
- Teaches the child the actual muscular movements required to print and draw.
- In coordinating visual tracking with hand movements, this multi-sensory approach helps the child form strong mental images of the nature of each shape.
- The underlying teaching method is called "patterning" whereby the childs muscular movements are being "guided" by an external force, in this case the button moving along the path of the shape.