Creative Value of Building Blocks
Constructive, open-ended play
- Play develops as child grows from lining up to stacking to bridging to creating enclosures to thematic play.
- Testing attractiveness of structures
- Pretend play structures
- Demonstrates math concepts
- Develops ability to visualize relationships
- Demonstrates balance and gravity
- Develops social skills
- Helps coping with frustration
- Builds self-esteem
- Develops large and small motor skills
- Develops eye-hand coordination
ANOTHER CREATIVITY INSTITUTE EXTRA
These building blocks look like wooden building blocks, but they're foam! Edushape Wood - Like Soft Blocks are foam, wood-look building blocks that are perfect for the young creative builder. Ideal for block play on the floor or in the bathtub as the blocks float and stick easily to bathtub tile walls when wet.
These 80 extra-durable, foam building blocks are ideal for quiet play. Bright colorful shapes and sizes help develop motor coordination and enhance gross motor skills while challenging growing imaginations.
Recommended for ages 12 months and up.
Building blocks are also one of the categories of toys that are well-suited to children with ADHD and other learning disorders.
From the Edushape line of quality building blocks.
Read about the child development value of__Œ‚_ building blocks here.