Creative Value: Building Blocks
Constructive, open-ended play
ANOTHER CREATIVITY INSTITUTE EXTRA
Beka 06120 Special Shapes 120-Piece Block Set
The Beka Special Shapes 120-Piece Block Set provides all the fun and creative potential of classic unit blocks, but in a slightly larger scale. Beka Special Shapes 120-Piece Block Set includes:
- 16 half units, 30 units, 6 double units, 6 half pillars, 12 pillars, 6 columns, 6 Roman arches, 6 half circles, 8 small triangles, 6 large triangles, 4 double triangles, 4 half Gothic arches, 4 small buttresses and 6 quarter circles.
- Recommended for ages one year and over.
- Made in the USA.
- Made of hard maple, also called hard rock maple, a popular northern tier, deciduous tree.
Beka chooses hard maple for its blocks because:
- It has a fine and close grain structure, which reduces chances of splintering;
- It is heavy, which adds stability to products needing to stand upright or stacked;
- It is abrasion and dent resistant, insuring durability; it ages well, actually improving over time (woodworkers like to say hard maple products get harder and develops a fine patina over time).
- It is a sustainably harvested, regional material for a lower carbon footprint.
- Maple building blocks are heirloom quality, last a lifetime.
More than any other plaything, blocks are important, because a child's imagination is required to bring them to life. Building with blocks, children can create castles, roadways, playhouses, forts, space ships and so much more. When building with blocks, children also grasp basic number concepts and learn logic skills. Blocks are tools that build minds and develop unlimited imagination.
Beka Special Shapes Block Sets are a quality Beka educational toy.
Read about the child development value of wooden and oversized building blocks here.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.