Creative Value of Building Blocks
Constructive, open-ended play
- Play develops as child grows from lining up to stacking to bridging to creating enclosures to thematic play.
- Testing attractiveness of structures
- Pretend play structures
- Demonstrates math concepts
- Develops ability to visualize relationships
- Demonstrates balance and gravity
- Develops social skills
- Helps coping with frustration
- Builds self-esteem
- Develops large and small motor skills
- Develops eye-hand coordination
ANOTHER CREATIVITY INSTITUTE EXTRA
Edublocks are giant-sized, interlocking, building blocks that are soft, bendable and ideal for small hands. These 50 lightweight, colorful building blocks are washable and non-toxic and incredibly durable. The interlocking ability lets little imaginations explore building structures in a different way than with conventional stacking blocks. Edublocks interlocking building blocks will provide hours of imaginative play. These colorful building blocks let children develop coordination and gross motor skills while exploring their creativity. Blocks are built on a basic block dimension of 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" x 3 1/2".
Recommended for ages 2 and up.
Building blocks are also one of the categories of toys that are well-suited to children with ADHD and other learning disorders.
From the Edushape line of quality building blocks.
Read about the child development value of wooden and oversized building blocks here.