Creative Value: Building Blocks
Constructive, open-ended play
Beka 06051 Special Shapes 51-Piece Block Set
The Beka Special Shapes 51-Piece Block Set is a set of uniquely shaped wooden blocks that offer more imaginative building options. Beka Special Shapes 120-Piece Block Set includes:
- 12 units, 4 double units, 4 pillars, 2 double pillars, 4 double columns, 4 Roman arches, 4 small half circles, 4 large triangles, 2 double triangles, 2 half Gothic arches, 2 small buttresses, 1 intersection, 1 side road, 1 circle curve, 1 large half circle, 1 switch, 1 Gothic arch and 1 Gothic door.
- Recommended for ages one year and over.
- Made in the USA.
- Made of hard maple, also called hard rock maple, a popular northern tier, deciduous tree.
Beka chooses hard maple for its blocks because:
- It has a fine and close grain structure, which reduces chances of splintering;
- It is heavy, which adds stability to products needing to stand upright or stacked;
- It is abrasion and dent resistant, insuring durability; it ages well, actually improving over time (woodworkers like to say hard maple products get harder and develops a fine patina over time).
- It is a sustainably harvested, regional material for a lower carbon footprint.
- Maple building blocks are heirloom quality, last a lifetime.
More than any other plaything, blocks are important, because a child's imagination is required to bring them to life. Building with blocks, children can create castles, roadways, playhouses, forts, space ships and so much more. When building with blocks, children also grasp basic number concepts and learn logic skills. Blocks are tools that build minds and develop unlimited imagination.
Beka Special Shapes Block Sets are a quality Beka educational toy.
Read about the child development value of wooden and oversized building blocks here.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.